Join the Bennington College’s Athletic and Recreation Department and the Bennington Area Trail System (BATS) in welcoming the 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival to Bennington in the spirit of the 2018 Dion US Snowshoe Nationals being hosted this same weekend at Prospect Mountain in Woodford. We want YOU to be excited about winter human-powered recreation, and join us in celebrating with like-minded folks from the region.
Winter Wildlands Backcountry Film Festival
7:30-9:00PM. Doors open at 7. Show starts at 7:30PM.
Tishman Auditorium at Bennington College, 1 College Drive, Bennington, VT.
Give yourself time to park and walk to the venue. Reserve closer spaces for those with limited mobility and use the edited Campus Map. Park in the first lot at the junction of Harlan Road and College Drive. Someone will be in the parking lot to give you directions. Follow the glowsticks! CampusMap_BC-Fest-Parking.pdf (23 downloads)
***A limited amount of Pre-Sale tickets will be available Online beginning beginning Thursday, 2/22/18 right here!
CASH ONLY at the Door!
$10 general admission
$5 for ages 12 & under, seniors (60+), and veterans.
*A certain number of tickets have been reserved for Bennington College students. Reserve those through the Student Engagement Office.
The 90 minute film will include tales of adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
- The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
- Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
- Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
- The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
- Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
- Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
- Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
- Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec