If you enjoy using BATS trails consider volunteering for a trail work day or at an event- the sky is the limit. Email Us for more info. Or Join as a Member!
We post volunteer work days to our Facebook page and Events page, so check in often!
If you are interested in partnering or donating to BATS, we are open to your help and partnership!
Financial contributions via check are welcome, or Donate via PayPal. If you have a specific project you want the funds to go to, please let us know.
Seeking Donations of items below:
-trail tools not limited to loppers, hand saws (safe for all ages), digging tools
-kids Strider bikes
-materials for a kids’ pump track
Q: I don’t bike, but use the BATS trails. Why would I want to join a mountain bike organization like the Vermont Mountain Bike Association?
A: BATS is a chapter of VMBA. They provide our club with trail grants and a portion of membership fees. These funds help us build and maintain trails, trailhead interpretive signage, and trail signage, as well as access to volunteer liability insurance (big deal), landowner access agreement support, and so much more. They most importantly advocate for sustainable trail development in the state of Vermont, which is something we support 100%. Currently, we don’t offer just a “BATS Membership” so either becoming a VMBA Member and selecting BATS as your chapter, donating directly to BATS, or coming to help on a volunteer work day or event is the best way to contribute to BATS.
Q: What if I don’t want to join VMBA? How can I help?
A: There are many ways. Consider:
- Volunteering at a trail work day or two, adopt a section of trail, or work with another maintainer
- Donate material or skills (currently seeking donations for a trail kiosk, signage, and a kids’ pump track)
- Lead a walk/hike/bike (contact us for brainstorming)
- Donate directly to the club (email batsvt @ gmail.com ) to find out more about directly donating or mail a check made out to “Bennington Area Trail System to, 424 Dewey Street, Bennington, VT 05201
- Spread the word about BATS to your friends
- Take photos of the trails and yourself and others recreating for us to share on the website or social media- Make sure to tag #batsvt or email/FB message us your photos
- Be a good steward and pick up trash (and pick up after your dog), and not go out when the trails are wet or muddy (know before you go by staying updated on our homepage which shows trail conditions
- Use existing trails and do not make new ones (that’s why you need to join us to learn more about possible new trails in the works) .
- We need your help, skills, and enthusiasm to make the trails (old and new) on Mt. Anthony and beyond the best they’ve ever been (so please join VMBA and choose BATS as your home chapter)!